When this post goes live I will already be on holiday, in fact I’ll be in Paris and on the way to Athens (edit: For some reason I sucked at posting whilst I was away so I’m actually back at home now. whoops..)! However, as I’m writing this, I’m in bed, feeling very sorry for myself with a cold. I’m planning on doing a post regarding my travel packing regrets and things I’m so glad I took but this is what I anticipate I’ll need. I tried to keep it minimal as I know I’ll buy lots when I’m away. Going away for two months is so difficult to pack for, I need to bring as little as possible but still have a good variety to get me through shopping days, beach days, nights out and even weddings.
This gorgeous little glittery Ted Baker bag, only just fits everything that I wanted to take, and that’s only because I actually took a couple of items out. I’ll get to that in a minute, but yes, there was a bit of tantrum because my bag weighed too much. Why do things have to weigh so much?! Why do planes have to give you such little allowances?! Don’t they understand that some people just need options?!
- Smashbox – Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer
- Smashbox – Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- NARS – All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
- Lush – Jackie Oats Colour Supplement
- Collection – Lasting Perfection Concealer
- Rimmel – Wake Me Up Concealer
- Models Prefer – Argan Infusion Pressed Powder
- Sleek – Face Form (Medium)
- Benefit – Dandelion Blush
- Chi Chi – If I Could Turn Back Time Baked Eyeshadow
- Maybelline – Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara
- Chi Chi – Brow Pomade in Dark Brown
- Smashbox – Photo Finish Primer Water
Yes, this is a lot of face products, sue me, I like full coverage! I love my little baby products though! Dandelion is a trial size and so are the Smashbox primers. So cute! I haven’t yet tried any of the primers (see my haul here) but I can’t wait to give them a go! The Chi Chi Eyeshadow I’m using as a highlighter as it’s actually so pretty but also much smaller! Also being packed, two bases, NARS All Day Luminous and Lush Jackie Oates, a full coverage and a light coverage, options for all occasions! The 3 concealers are only because all my concealers are so close to empty and I want to stock up on the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer whilst I’m in the UK. Basic plan, bring almost empties, throw out, buy more.
- Smashbox – Photo Dinish 24hr Eye Shadow Primer
- Stila – Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette in Spirit
- Kat Von D – Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
- Kat Von D – Tattoo Liner
- Maybelline – Big Eyes Liner
So remember how I said I took a few things out? This is where the sacrifices were made *sheds tear*. The Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette and the Maybelline Big Eyes Liner were culled, much regrettably. The palette is surprisingly heavy! I still find the Stila palette pretty versatile, although lacking in matte colours! Maybe that will be my cheeky holiday purchase? Until then, my contour shade might fill in ok! You might have noticed that I haven’t packed a mascara and this isn’t a mistake I’m getting eyelash extensions for the trip so won’t need it! Yes to no panda eyes and fuss free ‘natural’ makeup.
- NARS – Lipstick in Jungle Red
- Stila – Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Amalfi
- Stila – Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina
- Savvy – Ultra Matte Lip Colour in Lights, Camera
- Hourglass – Femme Nude Lip Stylo in No.5 Gold Peach
- Essence – Lip Liner in In The Nude
- Essence – Lip Liner in Wish Me A Rose
- NARS – Lipliner in Rosebud
- Essence – Lip Liner in Soft Berry
- Essence – Lip Liner in Satin Mauve x2
- Essence – Lip Liner in Red Blush
- TopShop – Wheels on Fire (N/A)
Lips are hard to minimalise, I like options! Plus, it changes up the look so much, so easily. I’ve tried to pick only the things I reach for the most and mainly easy summery colours. Three nudes and two brights and a variety of lip liners to help change it up if I feel I need to. Lip liners are so much easier to travel with than lipsticks as they are smaller and tend to weigh a lot less, but can considerably change up the colour of the lipstick or even be work on their own.
What are your travel must haves? Any tips and tricks when it comes to travel makeup?
Thanks for reading!