Nobody I talk to ever seems to like long haul flights. I think it’s a great way to travel! Here’s a short list of the more positive sides of flying.
- You can watch movies all day, and it’s acceptable
- People bring you food and drink, you don’t even have to get up
- There is literally nothing to do, which means no stress, no chores, nothing!
- It’s a lot faster than other means of travel; and
- You’re on the way to another part of the world!
I totally understand the negative parts of flying but to me the excitement of going away (and even getting home) and the other positives I listed above are enough to get me over them. I do get uncomfortable on flights and I get grumpy sometimes but I like to remind myself that there is no alternative besides a ship. Which might be more comfortable but would take me 10 to 20 times longer to get to where I want to go. I find it incredible how fast we can get anywhere in the world. I also love that I don’t have to worry about anything, I can’t go anywhere, I can’t contact anyone, there’s no chores or work to do. I can just chill. I can watch movies, TV shows, read books, play games and there’s no guilt for indulging myself in these forms of entertainment. I also think it’s completely worth it, what’s the point on focusing on the few days on a plane when your about to go travelling or see important people?
Do you like flying? How do you stay positive on a long haul flight?
Thanks for reading!