So it’s the’ Priceline Skincare Goodie Bag time of year again! It’s the best excuse to buy those bits and pieces you’ve been eyeing off for a while, or just stock up on things you know in love (you always need a back up for your back up, right?). The bits I chose are mostly more splurgy items I’ve wanted to try but haven’t been able to justify. All were on sale too!
1. Nuxe – Baume Levres Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm – $15.99 (RRP $19.99)
2. Antipodes – Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream – $38.99 (RRP $48.99)
3. Bioderma – Hydrabio Tonique Moisturising Toning Lotion – $23.99 (RRP $29.99)
4. Thursday Plantation – Tea Tree Medicated Gel for Acne – $9.59 (RRP $11.99)
Total Price: $88.56
So, I overspent. Surprise, surprise! The Nuxe Lip Balm is something I’ve wanted to try for ages and is raved about all over the internet. I have tried it once and it was amazing! I don’t think I’ll take it around with me but I think it will take a prime spot in my night time skin routine.
Ok, so onto the good part. What was in the bag.
1. Jergens – Original Beauty Lotion Dry Skin Moisturiser 250ml – $6.99
2. L’Oreal – Revitalift Magic Blur Finishing Cream 30ml – $24.99
3. Palmer’s – Indulgent Coconut Oil Body Lotion 250ml – $8.80
4. Bondi Sands – Self Tanning Mitt – $9.99
5. Neutrogena – Deep Clean Facial Cleanser 200ml – $13.99
6. Biore – Warming Anit-Blackhead Cleanser 177g – $9.99
7. Swisspers – Cotton Tips 400pack – $5.79
8. Le Tan – Fast Tan Dark Bronze Instant Foaming Mousse 110ml – $13.49
9. Rosken – Intensive Moisture Hand Cream 75ml – $3.99
10. Essano – Rosehip Nourishing Hand Creme 120ml – $14.99
11. Avene – Thermal Spring Water 50ml – $9.99
12. Dr. Lewinn’s – Multi-Moisture Balm 50g – $29.99
13. Thursday Plantation – Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Toner 100ml – $9.99
14. Sukin – Super Greens Detoxifying Clay Masque 100ml – $15.99
15. Innoxa – Organic Brightening Eye Cream 15ml – $19.99
16. Pure Paw Paw – Paw Paw Ointment in Grape 25g – $5.99
17. Formula 10.0.6 – Purifying Facial Wipes 25pack – $6.99
18. Swisspers – Original Facial Wipes 25pack – $6.29
19. Lanolips – Lip Ointment with Colour SPF 15 in Rose 12.5g – $13.99
20. Burt’s Bees – Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia 4.3g – $14.99
21. Nivea – Lip Butter in Unscented 16.7g – $5.69
Total Price: $252.90
The following I couldn’t find online or are sample sizes:
22. La Roche-Posay – Cicaplast Levres Lip Repairing Balm 7.5ml
23. Key Sun – Pink Zinke SPF 50+ 5g
24. Montagne Jeunesse – Blemish Mud Masque Trial Size 6g – Full Size 20g $3.99
25. Antipodes – Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream Trial Size 5ml – Full Size 60ml $48.99
26. Antipodes – Apostle Skin Brightening Serum Trial Size 10ml – Full Size 30ml $58.99
27. Bioderma – Hydrabio Serum 15ml – Full Size 40ml $42.99
28. Garnier – Miracle Skin Cream 5ml – Full Size 50ml $19.99
You also get 3 vouchers for a free Innoxa Product worth $17.99, a free Model Co Cleanser worth $14.99 and a free Garnier Miracle Skin Cream worth $19.99. I don’t like these vouchers as the most likely scenario is that I will forget about them, they’ll expire and I miss out. I’m also not bothered about any of these products.
In terms of wether or not I think buying $69+ of skincare and getting a free goodie bag is worth it, I have to say a massive yes! I don’t know anyone who doesn’t use some kind of skin care and with a sale on anyway it can be a good excuse to stock up on your essentials, even if it’s just your favourite moisturiser! Obviously as someone who loves to blog about beauty products I am all up for trying new products but if you are someone who uses the same skin care products every day and never tries anything new, then you probably wont think it’s worth it.
Compared to last years bag, which I wrote about here, I think this one is better. It contains more brands and products that I would use and there are way less vouchers. One thing that is a personal peeve, because I’m sure a lot of people would disagree but there are always way too many lip balms. Don’t get me wrong, I love a lip balm and it’s always handy to have more, but I honestly have enough lip balm to last me the rest of my life. I still have all three lip balms from last years bag and now I have 5 more that were included in this bag! I know I bought one too, so I shouldn’t complain, but there are 2 coloured balm options and three normal lip balms included in this bag which I think is excessive. There were 22 full sized products in last years bag whereas there are 23 in this years. You also get more samples and less vouchers!
All in all, it’s a silly thing to complain about too many lip balms as they do always come in handy. You do get repeat products like hand and body moisturisers and facial cleansers but considering shelf life of these products is generally 12-24 months and I still have a couple of products left from last years bag, you do get a years worth out of it. For something that’s free and worth well over $250 plus the opportunity to purchase discount products that I would buy anyway. I think it’s an amazing offer!
Thanks for reading and I hoped this helped, sorry if I’ve convinced you to go and pick one up!