Wahey, so I’ve been going to job interviews left, right and centre trying to find some full time work and I thought I’d share my basic interview look! This was interview for a beauty promotions/marketing/sales job, so I wanted it to be pretty and well done, but still simple and professional. I have actually been offered a six day trial which is exciting and I’m really glad to be having some work! Back to the make up, this is a long post, don’t say I didn’t warn you!
1. Rimmel – Wake Me Up Foundation – I use this in two colours (Ivory and True Ivory) because I find that even though there isn’t a huge difference in colour, it really matches well and stops me looking too pale without having it too dark! I love this foundation as it has good but buildable coverage and I have been seriously broken out since I’ve been back in Perth.
2. Rimmel – Scandaleyes Mascara – I first used this when they were doing a promotion and this was free with a purchase over a certain amount or something and I did actually really like this as it makes your eyelashes HUGE. I do find it a little messy but I’ve stuck with it and invested in cotton buds.
|Rimmel – Scandaleyes Mascara|
3. Rimmel – Wake Me Up Concealer and Collection – Lasting Perfection Concealer – I use the Rimmel concealer under my eyes as I find it is brightening and just works better for under the eyes. The collection concealer is a lot more subtle but it has great spot coverage.
4. Chi Chi – Centerfold Eyeshadow – This was used in the inner corners of my lids and on the brow bone as a highlighter. It’s a shimmery white powder shadow. It’s been discontinued as Chi Chi decided individual eyeshadows weren’t cool anymore. I’m going to miss this. Yes, it’s also broken. 🙁
|Chi Chi – Centerfold Eyeshadow|
5. The Body Shop – Leona Lewis (02) Shimmer Palette, Oh Deer! Blush – This is a product I love and hate. I bought it on sale but it was still a little on the pricey side for someone on a permanent budget like me. The highlighter slightly too small to use on it’s own, so I tend to just mix this all into one to use a subtle cheek highlighter and add a bit of pop to my blush.
|The Body Shop – Shimmer Palette: Oh Deer! Blush|
6. Rimmel – Stay Matte: Transparent – This is a classic make up staple that almost any beauty blogger has used. It is a great budget buy and I use it everyday to help set my make up and it really does keep it there all day! I love it but it can look cakey, so use sparingly! Review
7. Sleek – Contouring and Blush Palette: Fair 372 – Another daily use product I love. The contour is subtle and a good match, although do blend it well, and the highlighter is so pretty! It gives such an amazing glow and shimmer. The blush is my favourite blush too, it’s a little like Orgasm from NARS. I used the contour under my cheek bones and around my face and neck to give the illusion of a smaller face. This highlighter on top of my cheekbones and down the centre line of my face and the blush, obviously, on my cheeks! Review
|Sleek – Contouring and Blush Palette: Fair 372|
8. Sleek – Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette – I lost the annoying film with the shadow names on purpose which means, unfortunately, I can’t tell you what shadows I used by name, so I numbered them. I used 1 on the whole lid up to the brow bone as a base colour and then a packed on 2 over the lid for a neutral pink shimmer to add a little oomph. 3 I used in the crease in a big V shape to put some on the top waterline and a little on the bottom for some added definition. and finally 4 in a little V just on the outside corner of my eye and a little into the crease. Review
|Sleek – Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette|
9. Chi Chi – Serial Dater Lipgloss – Lastly, just a touch of this cute, shimmery light pink lipgloss for a little bit of special. This is super sticky, so do not wear on a windy day with your hair down.
|Organix – Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil|